Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Paulo Coelho

I discovered this great author just a few months ago. I've seen his name being credited for some inspiring quotes, I didn't know he writes books until recently. The first book I read was "The Pilgrimage". Yep, I got hook-up since then. His stories are short and simple but full of wisdom and inspiration. My favorite so far is the "Manuscript found in Accra". It is about the wise man's (called Copt) views about fear, braveness, love, loyalty and beauty.  


Some of my favorite quotes from this book: 

  • The eyes are the mirror of the soul and reflect everything that seems to be hidden, and , like a mirror, they also reflect the person looking into them.

  • Don't give up. Remember, it's always the last key on the key ring that opens the door.

  • Elegance is not an outer beauty, but a part of the soul that is visible to the others.

  • We will always meet rivals in everything we do, but the most dangerous are those we believe to be our friends.

  • The enemy is not the person standing before you, sword in hand. It is the person standing next to you with dagger concealed behind his back.
     
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian author and his books were translated in 74 languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment